My Site Meter (tm) indicates that my bananas and cramps entry has the greatest hits. cool =) People google on whether bananas help cramps.. Read on by clicking the link. Forget the disclaimer. I know I am right. Doctors do recommend bananas. =)
As for those who wanted to know what syncope is in layman's term...
Syncope = fainting or transient loss of consiousness
Syncope is caused by low oxygen (hypoxia) delivered to the brain. Different factors like hypovolemia (low blood volume) leads to fainting. Low blood volume (as in bleeding or blood loss) means low oxygenation since the blood is the carrier of oxygen in the body.
Another is arrhytmia or the abnormal beating of the heart (as in heart diseases or drug-induced or alcohol-induced). When the heart is beating too fast (tachycardia) or too slow (bradycardia) there is not enough blood pumped to the brain... so there is less oxygen to the brain.
Yes I said alcohol-induced...drinking beer may cause rapid beating of the heart which is why some people pass out (syncope) when drinking too much. The heart beats so rapidly that blood is inadequately delivered to the brain.