Excerpts from Maria's diary in Paulo Coelho's Eleven Minutes...(a must read! R18 pala to.. hehe)
When we meet someone and fall in love, we have a sense that the whole universe is on our side. And yet if something goes wrong, there's nothing left! Life moves very fast. It rushes us from heaven to hell in a matter of seconds.
If I have to be faithful to someone or something, then I have, first of all, to be faithful to myself. If I'm looking for true love, I first have to get the mediocre loves out of my system. Anyone who has lost something they thought was theirs forever finally comes to realize that nothing really belongs to them. And if nothing belongs to me, then there's no point wasting my time looking after things that aren't mine; it's best to live as if today were the first (or last) day of my life.
I can choose either to be a victim of the world or an adventurer in search of a treasure. It's all a question of how I view my life.
The roller coaster is my life; life is a fast, dizzying game; life is a parachute jump; it's taking chances, falling over and getting up again; it's mountaineering; it's wanting to get to the very top of yourself and to feel angry and dissatisfied when you don't manage it..... From now on, whenever I feel depressed, I will remember that funfair... If I believe that the track is my destiny and that God is on charge of the machine, then the nightmare becomes something thrilling. It becomes exactly what it is, a roller coaster, a safe reliable toy, which will eventually stop, but, while the journey lasts, I must look at the surrounding landscape and whoop with excitement
Now, though I am convinced that no one loses anyone, because no one owns anyone. That is the true experience of freedom: having the most important thing in the world without owning it.
Love is not to be found in someone else, but in ourselves; we simply awaken it. But in order to do that, we need the other person. The universe only makes sense when we have someone to share our feelings with.
Everyone knows how to love, because we are all born with that gift. Some people have a natural talent for it, but the majority of us have to re-learn, to remember how to love, and everyone, without exception, needs to burn on the bonfire of past emotions, to relive certain joys and grieves, certain ups and downs, until they can see the connecting thread that exists behind each new encounter; because there is a connecting thread.
The art of love is like a painting, it requires technique, patience, and, above all, practice by the couple. It requires boldness, the courage to go beyond what people conventionally call 'making love'.
Other quotes other people liked (na di ko na mahanap kung san pages)...
In search for happiness, however, we are all equal.
In love, no one can harm anyone else. We are each of us responsible for our own feelings and cannot blame some else for what we feel.